2004/07/27

Let the debate begin?

I was a little disappointed to find the following on my (adult, very intelligent) daughter's blog, but I'll keep right on loving her forever:

I am not a democrat at heart. I have a liberatarian "leave me alone and stop trying to protect me from myself" attitude towards government. But whatever your political leanings, you've got to be scared to death of the inexorably mounting federal deficit Bush has helped to create. And don't even get me started on how safe I feel after having him in charge of our foreign policy for 4 years.  Click here to learn more about John Kerry or to help out with his campaign.  Get Bush out of office before he gets us all blown up.

I guess I have until November to change my little girl's mind. She apparently thinks she and her family would be safer with Kerry in the White House, and I strongly disagree. At least we seem to agree that’s a very important issue. I’ll do what I can through my blog and the op-ed page on my web site to change her mind and watch her blog and my email for any signs of progress.  I’ll start by questioning how anyone with Libertarian leanings (which I share, btw) could possibly vote for the Democratic ticket, then try to find a way to explain to her about Kerry’s activities in the Vietnam Veterans Against The War Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, And Veterans, then go on from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home