2004/09/22

More Suppresion Of Dissent

I saw this post on my daughter's blog today:
Free Speech Zones again

Click here to read about another person arrested for having the audacity to disagree with the president in public. I am too tired to speak eloquently today, so I will just say that this really bugs the crap out of me.

I clicked the "Click here" link, which led to a Slate article, linked from there to an article on TheState.com for a little more information, then Googled the judge involved. After doing that, left the following comment on my daughter's post:

I'm sure the gang at al-Slate knows a lot more about what really happened than 12 South Carolina jurors and a federal judge, who by the way was nominated for his position by President William Jefferson Clinton, could possibly have. Whether you disagree with a particular law or not, it’s still a crime to violate it. The jurors in S.C. and that federal judge understood that. Even al-Slate says your “victim” was warned first and told what his legal options were. He decided to break the law anyway, so now he’s in jail. Boo-hoo-hoo. I won’t be able to enjoy supper tonight worrying about whether he’s getting enough bread and water.

She responded to my comment with her own ... :

I am not saying that it was illegal to arrest him, only that I find it audacious that Bush is so afraid of seeing someone who disagrees with him express their opinion. Jeez.
... to which I replied:
The Republicans threw a private party, from which they ejected an uninvited guest. The Democrats do the same sort of thing. The only difference is when they do it al-Slate, C-BS, and the rest of the lame-stream media don't get excited about it.

I guess my daughter and I are still friends. The next post on her blog was:

Hey Republicans!

Click here to read my Dad's web site. It is updated every day (which I can't attest to) and very well written; he just happens to disagree with me 90% of the time. So if you don't like what you see here, be sure to give his site a read.

Is this a great country, or what?

What do you think about what happened in South Carolina? Any thoughts on the subject? Leave me a comment.

Btw, the only reason I started blogging to begin with was that my daughter started putting things I disagreed with on her blog. She still isn't "assimilated" but I'm still trying. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger Bill Faith said...

I don't think I've ever called anyone an idiot just for disagreeing with me. The right to do that is reserved for members of the ruling elite like
Teresa Heinz Kerry
.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home