2004/07/31

A Link and a Clarification

My daughter posted this on her blog (I’ve copied the whole thing, but check out her blog, anyway.)

William Penn once said, "I may not agree with you but I will defend unto death your right to say it."

Click here to read an article written by a Republican (see, I am open-minded) regarding "Free Speech Zones".

This is a hilarious little clip, regardless of which side of the political fence you are on.


And finally, a great article about the Patriot Act . "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both" - Ben Franklin


I’ve never tried to claim that George Bush was rocket-scientist smart. There are a lot of things I wish he’d do differently. He’d be glad to let the entire population of Mexico, and anyone else who could find their way to Mexico, waltz across the U.S. border without even slowing down to sign a guest book; he’s placed people in management positions who don’t see anything wrong with letting a dozen scruffy-looking Middle Easterners board the same airliner without pulling more than two of them aside for special pre-boarding attention; he used to drink a bit (but so did I); etc.; etc. On the other hand, his heart’s in the right place; he says what he means and means what he says; and he’s a lot smarter than John Kerry. Kerry would be even worse on immigration and security issues than Bush is; he wouldn’t know the truth if it hit him in the face; and he’s too stupid to understand how anyone could figure that out.

Maybe a little bit of my problem is having a long memory. I enlisted in the Air Force of my own free will and volunteered for a tour of duty in Vietnam. I’ll never forgive Bubba Clinton for dodging the draft and I’ll never forgive John #@%& Kerry for his “anti-war” (anti-Soldier, anti-Marine, anti-Sailor, anti-Airman, and anti-Veteran) activities after he got back from ‘Nam. I can’t help but believe, though, that even I’d stayed in school and missed Vietnam I’d still be smart enough to understand that Kerry is on the wrong side of some very important issues, including the very most important issue in the upcoming election.

I have a beautiful, intelligent daughter and the world’s most amazing grandson. I want to see them both live long, happy, safe, lives. With that in mind, there’s only one way I can even consider voting this fall. We’re at war. We didn’t start it, but we have to win it or die. George Bush understands it’s better to fight that war overseas, in the terrorists’ home territory, than to wait for them to bring it to the streets of America’s cities. John Kerry would rather just pretend there’s nothing wrong and hope those poor misunderstood people with the beards, bombs, and guns will leave us alone. They won’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home