2004/08/25

Light Posting Again Today

Looks like another day of less-than-normal production. I have excuses. Doesn't everyone?

  1. I'm dedicated to my blogging, but not dedicated enough to get a computer fried by trying to forge on during a thunderstorm.
  2. I took time to install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. I like the new security features, especially since they'll make it harder for my nephew to take advantage of all of those free offers he'd be better off without, and I like the built-in pop-up/script blocking, but it's also going to be a little bit of a headache. There are some scripts, like the one to add a blogrolling.com blog roll, that they need to tell it are OK instead of people having to OK it every time they visit a different blog. The next thing I'm going to be doing after I post this is modifying my Blogger template to add a note promising XP SP2 users that there aren't any harmful scripts on my blog and won't ever be.
  3. I just found out there was a new version of Ad-Aware available. (Click here to get a copy.) The old version was already pretty good, but the new version found some things the old version (and Spybot) had been missing. I recommend it whole-heartedly. BTW, I also recommend keeping a current version of Spybot Search & Destroy handy. You can get it here. I know it finds things occasionally that the older version of Ad-Aware missed. I don't know whether that's true compared to the new Ad-Aware version, but they co-exist well. Nothing wrong with wearing a belt and suspenders under that new SP2 raincoat. (Update: S & D just found some registry changes Ad-Aware missed. Like I said, nothing wrong with a belt and suspenders.)
I think I'll keep my Google toolbar running even though I don't expect to need its pop-up blocker any more. I like having one-click access to a Google search page and the Blog This button is something no Blogspot blogger should be without.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home