2004/09/23

On Leaving

Damn it!

I awoke in the quiet watches with my youngest in my arms, wondering what I might say to her and her brother and sister and their mom and knowing I was done with sleeping for this night.

Here is why: Some must go to fight the Dragons. And if you think such things don't exist then it must be I read you the wrong sorts of stories when you were young.

If you ask only why I and not some other than I can tell you this ...

Go read the rest. Greyhawk's really leaving. So much for hoping he was just going to be at a NATO conference for a few days or something safe like that. I'm one of 5 guest bloggers he's allowing to help try to hold down the fort while he's away. We'll do our best, but we WILL NOT be able to make up for his absence. The best we can hope to do is to keep people in the habit of coming by his site so he isn't starting over when he gets back.

"Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Be safe, sir, stay in touch and hurry back. You'll be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home