2004/08/11

I can quote Democrats too. See?

I really don't get all of my subject matter from the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Just to show I'm open minded, I'll even quote a liberal democrat:

From Jewish World Review:

Most Jews vote Democratic, and they have for a long time.

***

Ed Koch, the former mayor of New York who is as partisan as a Democrat comes, is a Bush man this year.

"I do not agree with President Bush on a single major domestic issue," he says, "but in my view those issues pale in comparison with the threat of international terrorism. The stated goal of al-Qaida and its supporters is to kill or convert every infidel, and that means Jews, Christians, Buddhists and everyone else who will not accept Islam's supremacy."

I'm not an Ed Koch fan, but we see this one the same way. There are a lot of reasons to not be too thrilled with George Bush, but if al-Qaida even comes close to it's stated goals, they aren't going to matter. George Bush understands that a lot better than John Kerry. That's all I need to know.

Update: Ed Koch writing for NewsMax:

Now, for the first time in my life, I am going to vote for a Republican candidate for president, the incumbent, George W. Bush.

**

Why have I endorsed George W. Bush when I don't agree with him on a single domestic issue? Because I believe the issue of international terrorism trumps all other issues. I don't believe the Democratic Party has the stomach and commitment to deliver on this issue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home