2004/08/18

A Very Brief Telephone Conversation.

I just added Parkway Rest Stop to my blogroll after I read this. I owe someone a hat tip, but I was too stupid to make a record of who linked to this and I've slept since then. Anyway, the rest of the Rest Stop site looked pretty good too. Check it out sometime.

A Very Brief Telephone Conversation.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrring………

John O’Neill: "Hello."

John Kerry: "May I please speak with John O’Neill?"

John O’Neill: "Speaking."

John Kerry: "Hi, John. This is John Kerry."

John O’Neill: "I recognized your voice."

John Kerry: "John. I have to tell you that you and those Swift Boat guys are really giving me a hard time, and I was wondering whether you might be interested in establishing some kind of truce."

John O’Neill:

John Kerry: "Let me be frank, John. You know -- sailor to sailor."

John O’Neill:

John Kerry: "OK, well, I’m putting together a list of people I would like to have serve in my administration, if I win this thing in November. Seeing as how you are a former Navy officer and a Vietnam Vet, I was wondering whether you might be interested in serving as my Secretary of the Navy."

John O’Neill: "'Sailor to sailor' did you say?"

John Kerry: "Absolutely."

John O'Neill: "Shove off, asshole."

Click


1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jim - PRS said...

Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

Jim
Parkway Rest Stop
http://parkwayreststop.com (my current site, not my BlogSpot site)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home