2004/08/17

Tango Threats

My niece is in Argentina for an exchange-student semester. She's apparently having a good time in general, but she had an unpleasant experience recently that caused her to write:

There are racist jerks in all parts of the world i realize, and all it was was stupidity. I would rather be on the receiving end of it though, than to be the racist jerk who says such things,
...í´d rather be the one being threatened for being from the US than to be the jerk in the US who says awful stuff to or about others just cuz they´re from Mexico or someplace, so...whatever.
And i would love for people from the US to realize that when they say bad things to or about people for being from other places, they´re that guy from last night who was threatening me and my friend.

Click here to read the whole post.

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Bill Faith said...

You've been mentioned in my blog before and I'm sure you will be again. You're one of my favorite people, and besides that your blog's very entertaining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home