2004/09/23

Blog problems -- my fault

I tried to make some minor changes to my blogger template and something went way wrong. For now you can read my blog, and most of the sidebar buttons work, but there's no way to leave me comments or find out the permalink address to link to an individual post. I'm working on it.

Update: It seems to be a file corruption problem that I'm apparently going to have to back way up to fix. There will be some important things missing from my sidebar for a while but I'll have things back to normal just as soon as I can. Please bear with me.

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Welcome to the terminal blog tweakers club...


I keep a backup copy of my template HTML in my HTML Editor's folder. (FWIW) I also have used a "change template option" within the "edit template" (in Blogger.com) sub-menu and elected to choose the same exact template that I was using...if things really get FUBAR. (...what the HELL did he type?)...


Practice makes perfect; but I have yet to reach that plateau...Good fortune! America's counting on its Bloggers to get the Truth out...no goldbrickin'!...


Mike

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Bill, looks like you fixed it, but definitely copy your template over to a word processor and save the file, so that if it happens again, you can restore from the backup. That way you only lose the most recent additions to your blogroll, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home