2004/09/27

Retired Colonel: Bush Volunteered for Vietnam

I'm behind the wave posting this, but I'm told there really are people I've never met who read my blog and not very many others, so that gives me an excuse to get in my two cents worth, which I probably would have anyway.

Retired Colonel: Bush Volunteered for Vietnam

[...]

Retired Colonel Ed Morrisey served in the Air National Guard and is familiar with the President's record since the beginning of his service.

[...]

One of the criticisms leveled at the President is that he sought guard service to keep him from serving in Vietnam.

Morrisey says, "not so."

"The Air Force, in their [infinite] wisdom, assembled a group of 102's and took them to Southeast Asia. Bush volunteered to go. But he needed to have 500 [flight] hours, but he only had just over 300 hours so he wasn't eligible to go,” Morrisey recalls.

[...]

I've had it up way past here with the bull shit people. Flying an F-102, even over Texas in fair weather, took a matched pair of great big brass ones. Volunteering to fly one over Viet Nam was borderline suicidal. Hell yes W swaggers a little now and then. He's damned well earned the right. "There are no fighter pilots American warriors down in Hell" because Satan knows he couldn't handle 'em.

THAT'S MY PRESIDENT!

Hat tip: Cabal of Doom

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

Exactly!...


Non-Warrior Bullshitters have their right to bullshit given to them by Warriors who have served their Nation; including President George W. Bush! ...


I find it most troublesome to find these Generation X, Y, Zero opportunists that didn't face a General Draft upon reaching the age of 18; opining, whining and talkin' talk...writing checks with their mouths that their asses can't cash!...


Those of us who have given some of "The Best Years of Our Lives" in order to protect the "Rights" of these ungrateful bastards is beyond my threshold of tolerance and they best not ever get in my path!...


To quote Mr. "T"; I pity the fool that has served his Country and votes for John Forbes "The Traitor, Seditionist and Coward (after returning to the CONUS)" Kerry...





Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home