2004/09/27

Quicksilver

Stopping to smell the roses for a moment or two. From my daughter's blog.

Quicksilver

You’re beautiful, you know.
Flashing eyes and an alabaster smile,
Sprinkling faerie dust in your wake.
I long to touch you.. to wade in the
Glory of your soul.
Sometimes I get close.
But then you parry, circling round me, and finally
Turning away.
I don’t want to capture you, you are
Something to be admired from arm’s length.
I just want your acknowledgement.
Your touch leaves me trembling,
Your smile shatters me,
Your glance is a cross between ice and
Heaven.
Let me know you. Let me move from the shadows
Into the light of your gaze.
Let me show you the echo of Eden’s dawn.

Heather [Faith] Brinkley
August 1996


There's more on an old web site my daughter quit updating. I'll post some of it occasionally when my mood needs brightened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home