2004/12/31

Taking time to brag on "Daddy's little girl"

I hadn't realized till tonight what a philosopher "daddy's little girl" had become, or what a gifted writer. This is why life is worth hanging around for:

In Another Life

In another Life, another Timeline, Another point in space and Is, things worked out much differently.

15 years ago, I was thrown from my horse and trampled. In another life, he stepped a couple centimeters left and crushed my spine …

[…]

8 years ago, an 18 wheeler hit me as I sat at a stoplight on a busy road. … In a thousand different alternate realities, I never made it off that road alive. In this reality, I drove that car to work and was forcibly taken to the hospital, but they only found mild whiplash. They asked me to stay up for 24 hours, and this cute guy came over to keep me company... and we've been married more than 7 years now.

[...]

2 years and 5 days ago, I gave birth to my son. He was born at 8:05, although his birth certificate says 8:06 because it took them a minute to get him breathing. In another life, one that I don't even want to visit in my nightmares, the doctors and nurses didn't do some tiny necessary detail, and it took 5 minutes, or 10, or they never made it. In that timeline, I doubt if I would be here today.

At every turn, I have chosen who I am going to become. …

[…]

… I have the life I love because of the pain I have lived. And for that, I am grateful.

Take a break from worrying' about the election and the War on Terror. Smell the roses for minute. Click here.

[Actual posting date 2004-08-26]

3 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger - Jules - said...

That was beautiful thank you for sharing the link.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Bill Faith said...

Thank you. Need I mention that I'm very, very proud of who my little girl grew up to be?

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Beth said...

She's awesome! I wish I could have said "it" the way she did! Thanks for putting up that link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home